Monday, September 10, 2018

The Brick Miser At FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018

It's that time of year again, when the newly renamed FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention comes to town. And I, The Brick Miser/ZC-Infinity, like last time, was on the scene once again!














I wasn't alone this time, as I brought along my sister, dressed as her favorite DC character Harley Quinn, seen here about to be crushed by the ogres that reside outside the convention this time of year. However, she went off and did her own thing, so this is the only picture I was able to take.























I, on the other hand, wore another brick figure costume I have on hand. ...Only this guy's much more of a creature of the night than my last incarnation. ...Probably explains the extreme sunburn I suddenly found myself with while I was outside.















I wasn't afraid of the ogres, as I knew that, if they suddenly sprung to life and started runing everyone's day, this awesome replica of the Batmobile was on hand to aid in smashing them up! ...Of course, considering how Harley Quinn was here, we'd be lucky if she didn't hop in and confused one of the smoke buttons for the radio...














I arrived a little later than I usually do, so there was no 2 hour wait this time, and the convention center was already bustling with fandoms of every shape and size! ...Especially size. And since I weigh over 250 pounds, I got to contribute to that factor!
















Once I arrived at the center, I went to the first place ANYONE needs to go when the convention first starts if they want to get one of the main features: The Celebrity Row. This time, I got to meet with Paige O'Hara and Robby Benson, aka Belle and The Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The original one! ...The GOOD one!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture of the talented actors this year. However, I can say that Paige O'Hara was a very wonderful woman with a great sense of humor and an immense compassion for her fans. When I gave her the thing I wanted to autograph, she barreled over in laughter, as she had never seen anything like it! Robby Benson, though much quieter, was also a very likeable man, and he discussed a movie he did with Burt Reynolds back in 1978 called The End. He also announced that Burt Reynolds had very recently died, so that was a shame. Still, he was very nice, and I wish I had something else on hand that didn't fall into his typecast as The Beast. Like an Exosquad figure!














It took quite a while waiting in line, but it was all worth it! I may have the only autographed BrickHeadz of Belle and The Beast in existence! ...At least these things are good for SOMETHING!














Sadly, because the wait was so long, and I had some other engagements that day, I didn't get to see as much as last year. However, I DID to see the remote-controlled R2-D2 again! ...Or is it a different one? ...I don't think the convention center is in danger of losing droids, fast.














I even found an animatronic of Chicky, next to artist Chris Christopherson! ...I wouldn't want to play with this toy even if it WASN'T sentient...














It's not a convention without Brick and Pink hiding among the rows and rows of brick figures available for purchase at these events...














Pink even got to live out her lifelong dream of taking a nap on a Jigglypuff! She's a regular PokeManiac, what can I say?
















Plenty of horror stuff likes to make an appearance at this convention, and while I didn't get to see Nightmare on 13th again, Bairett Cloak and Wand was on hand to meet my animatronic skeleton and ghostly needs! ...I have strange needs...














But the most elaborate booth I got to stop at was Bricks and Minifigs, which you can see from their sign built completely out of building bricks, as well as that awesome Captain America mosaic!















Also, a full-scale Yoshi, R2-D2, and Wonder Woman. I can only wish my creations were as incredible as these!























And, of course, I HAD to get a picture next to this giant minifigure! Betcha can't tell who's who!














My final stop was at this tavern built to promote a party at Evermore Park. And if the tavern was any indication, that was one spooky-dook party...














That's a face you want in your subconscious!














The inside was actually pretty normal, all things considered. However, I'm a teetotaler, and they didn't appear to serve Sprite, so I made my way out.














The regular clientele convinced me I shouldn't hang around...














To commemorate the event and the great day I had, before I left, I got the mandatory pin! This time, they had several designs, so I went with Spider-Man hanging underneath the Delicate Arch! ...Something he surprisingly hasn't done yet. Hey, Marvel? I think Spider-Man needs a trip to Utah! ...Hopefully one that doesn't result in the deaths of hundreds of people. ...Again...

And that was FanX 2018! I didn't get to see as much as I hoped, but it was still an experience, and a lot of the exhibits were larger than last year! I got to meet some wonderful people, see some sights, and spend a few hundred on things I REALLY didn't need, but I HAD to have! This was the highlight of the year for me, and I hope next year is even better! ...Though now I need to come up with a new costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment