Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2016: Mega Bloks Despicable Me: Day 13

Day 13: Ladybug & House

I am EXTREMELY sorry for the lack of updates this last week. The Star Wars Rogue One Hovertank review went way over schedule, so I had to basically work round the clock to finish it, and now I'm preparing to visit my family for Christmas, which means preparing the other two reviews for this month while I still have the stuff with me. So I didn't really have time to look at the advent calendar.













But now I do, so let's have a lengthy catch-up marathon! Starting with a Ladybug and... what I think is its house.













 I'm assuming this is a little pet house for the ladybug that the Minions built, because I otherwise don't know what it is. Is it one of those castles or houses built with generic building blocks like you see in movies where they can't show copyrighted toys? I guess that guess is as good as any, but since it came with the ladybug, I'm sticking with the pet house theory.













Actually, it looks a lot like those ships from Tron, doesn't it? Maybe Gru's finally penetrated cyberspace? ...Probably the only thing he'll ever penetrate, but I digress.













And this is the ladybug, which one of the Minions was holding on the front of the box. ...I don't know if it's played a part in previous movies since I barely remember the first two and I haven't seen the third one. But I don't care anyway, since this model stands on its own. It's a single-stud accessory that can fit onto a standard building brick peg or in the hand of a Lego figure.













But not exactly on one of the Minion hands.













So today's offering was... meh. The house is a pretty standard construction and is so generic, I don't know what it is! The ladybug was cute, though and I wouldn't mind having another one to use with my regular brick animations. So not exactly the most exciting thing we've gotten so far, but not the worst either.

No comments:

Post a Comment