Friday, December 23, 2016

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2016: Mega Bloks Despicable Me: Day 23

Day 23: Robot Table Thing













...I have no idea what this is. I don't remember anything like it from the movies(and I'm not watching them again to jog my memory) and its purpose is completely unknown to me. It looks like HAL 9000 emerging from a patio table, and serves the same purpose as far as I know.













Still, it is an interesting design. I like this robot laser eye poking out of a white table, like it's disguised and ready to vaporize Santa as soon as he flies around the corner!













And it has these little spindly legs to stand on. ...Though once again, I don't know if these are the robot legs or a table legs. Still, I don't remember these pieces before, so points for creativity.













Overall, I like this one. I don't know what it is, but it's a fun design with a nice paint job. And not knowing what it is actually adds to the fun, since it can be whatever I want it to be! Is it good? Is it bad? Is it a giant death robot? Does it serve tea? I DECIDE! I know someone will eventually correct me, but until then, let me have my imagination. I have precious little of it left...

Alright, people. We have gone through 23 days of mini models. We've seen some good ones and some bad ones, some highly articulated and designed ones and some very simple and lazy ones, and I think we've gotten a pretty even mixture of both. But tomorrow, we open the LAST WINDOW! Will this be the one to turn the tides and make this the best advent calendar ever made, or will it fall flatter than Santa off the high dive into an empty pool? Tune in tomorrow as we finish up this calendar and discover what Christmas is all about! ...Except for maybe that last part.

No comments:

Post a Comment