Friday, December 9, 2016

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2016: Mega Bloks Despicable Me: Day 7

Day 7: Elephant













And now we're getting into some more intricate models, since today, we have a toy elephant. ...At least, I assume it's a toy. Maybe they shrunk an elephant sometime in the series, I don't know.













This has the most pieces of anything we've seen so far. 17 in total. And I'm just going to assume it's going to be the most detailed and least "blocky" out of the whole collection.













This figure's actually quite cute. I especially like the trunk they made with an elbow piece and pipe and the ears made with some front-slanting bricks.













This really screams "Mega Bloks" with its brick choices. I don't recall any other company using these "pipe" pieces that are used for the nose and legs, but I remember them clearly from the Nuketown set I reviewed way back when. A good way to give the company a unique print, I guess.













And looking at it again, is anyone else getting a Nanoblock-vibe from this? A model built out of standard pieces in the general shape of what it's trying to emulate? Obviously, they had more shapes to work with than Nanoblocks have, but there's just something about it. ...But hey, I've already made my love for Nanoblocks clear, so if it reminds me of those, all the better!













Overall, one of the best models we've gotten so far. I like the amount of bricks, I like the construction, and I like the imagination. ...Even if I'm not sure how an elephant fits into this world...

No comments:

Post a Comment