Friday, December 14, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 12

Day 12: House

...I guess constantly missing days IS going to be a habit this year. A habit I have every intention of breaking! ...Right after this session of catch up.














This day's offering is a miniature house! ...That's the long and short of it. It's a house made of two brown bricks, with a gray roof on top and a small tree next to it. ...What else is there to say?














 I can't even tell what its function is! Is it a gingerbread house? A piece of a miniature model of the town? A dollhouse? ...That latter one makes the most sense, but since there are no dolls and Gru's daughters aren't in this calendar, I have no clue if that was the intention! For all we know, Gru or Nefario decided they got tired of ant farms and stepped it up to ant PLANTATIONS, with these houses for the queens! ...With the stupefying ideas this franchise is built around, I wouldn't put it past them...














Actually, the more I look at this model, the more I like it. It's one of the most recognizable models we've gotten so far, and because it's such a simplistic design, I can't get mad at it for attempting a complex model with a tiny handful of pieces! I especially like the decal of the door, as it gives the impression they actually put effort into making the model look this way, as opposed to stacking bricks and going "It's a house. Deal with it!"














They even included a little green piece to use as a fir tree! This is ADORABLE! It makes me want to build an entire micro-town out of bricks, just to give this model a place to fit in! And I might just do that! ...If I can find a place to put it...

So, in terms of the model alone, it's one of the better presents we've gotten from the calendar, and it's an instance where the tiny amount of pieces it's built with works in its favor! ...But what does it have to do with the Minions?! Or anything we've gotten from the calendar so far? The last Minions calendar didn't score many winners, but I could at least recognize props from the movies and each accessory had something to do with the franchise! So far, this calendar feels like they designed tiny models for an advent calendar, forgot to include a theme, and slapped the Minions name on there! Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe all of this DOES have something to do with the franchise. ...But I don't care to check the movies again to make sure. We're halfway through, so let's see if the other half has anything to do with the Minions!

No comments:

Post a Comment