Monday, December 24, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 22

Day 22: Ice Skates

Sorry, I totally spaced out yesterday. Let's have one last dollop of ketchup before the final door!














Today's offering is the smallest gift of all, and one of the very few accessories this calendar offers: Ice Skates! ...I'd admit, I haven't seen brick figure skates designed like these before!














The skates are made out of a double-sided single stud piece attached to... Whatever this piece is. I don't even have a name for it. It looks like part of a car grill, or possibly the front of a motorcycle if they really wanted to get creative. Maybe it's a custom piece, but it looks like it went with something else, so I can't be sure.














Whatever the piece was originally meant for, the skates look quite simplistic, yet cute, and are something the Minions can actually use! I don't have any ice pieces nearby for effect, but I can pose him like he's skating across the ice rink!














Doesn't quite work as well with the regular brick figure. ...And if there existed a Satan minifigure, I'd make the joke everyone is thinking about right now...

So yet another overly simple model out of this calendar, but one that works! They look like skates, they fit the Minion figures, and they're quite cute! I wish we had more accessories like this out of the calendar! ...Instead of seven types of "instruments"...

No comments:

Post a Comment