Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 14

Day 14: Second Minion Figure














Only 10 days left 'til Christmas, and today, the second Minion figure has decided to join the party! So at least we know this calendar isn't saving the other figure for the "big reveal" at the end!














Just like with the other figure in this calendar, I don't have much to say. I've already featured the Minions figures several times in the past, and the design and build of this one is one we've seen repeatedly for other figures. It's a good build, it looks like a Minion, and it's cute. ...All I can say at this point.














However, like the previous Minion, I can say that I like the unique design of the outfit. ...In fact, I might like it a bit more than the first one! While the first Minion had a green sweater on, this Minion is rocking out in full-body, snowflake-patterned pajamas! It's a nice shade of red, with a VERY nicely detailed snowflake pattern on the front.














...Which, once again, they didn't extend to the back! I'm trying to say nice things about you, calendar! I really am! But you just make it SO hard!














However, they almost make up for it by including red footies for the Minion's pajamas! Seeing as how the previous Minion wore the standard black shoes of other Minions figures, it's nice to see some outside-the-box thinking! And it just makes this figure more adorable! It's so cute, I almost forget that I hate the franchise and everything it stands for!

So, we've finally gotten the second figure, and it's one of the best parts of the calendar! ...Though, if I could be needlessly nitpicky, I think we got it too soon... The Minion is decked out in pajamas, meaning he's ready to fall asleep and wake up on Christmas Day. ...So, shouldn't we have gotten this figure on the day before the last? Then he could wake up and see the surprise waiting for us at the end(which I think I've figured out what it is...)! ...Eh. I guess I'm happy with getting this figure when we did. Does he also get some accessories, like the one-man band the previous Minion received? Let's find out tomorrow! ...And hopefully NOT end up with a week of the same thing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment