Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 19

Day 19: Christmas Tree














Six days until the big day, and the Minions have finally picked out their Christmas Tree! ...I said it yesterday, and it bears repeating: This calendar's trolling me!














Not only did it come out a reasonable time before Christmas, unlike the Monster High calendar














But it's a better design than the tree we got out of the first Despicable Me calendar! That means, for all the junk this calendar's been spewing out for the last few weeks, I have to say that it did something BETTER than the two previous calendars featured here! ...I must have had some bad eggnog, because I suddenly feel very nauseous. Excuse me...














I legitimately do like the design for the tree. It's one piece, but it's one piece that WORKS, as opposed to a dozen that don't, as we had with the Minions tree. It looks like a tree, it's colored like a tree, it's the size of a tree, and it's even decorated like a tree! It's nowhere near as creative as the Monster High tree(and really, what could be more creative than a tree decorated with human baby skulls?!), but I can tell that they at least TRIED!














I'm not even upset that only the front was painted with ornaments! If this tree was tucked away in a corner somewhere, as most households that still do the tree thing do, it would be hard to decorate the sides facing the wall. I can accept that this is a tree only meant to be seen from the front, and what's on the back isn't important! ...Unlike the Minion sweaters.














...Though the base does call that theory into question. The trunk is a tiny stick, and, like the Monster High tree, is clearly poking out of the snow. ...I guess you could argue it's a white blanket they put at the base to resemble snow, but it's also clearly outside in the calendar, so... I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess it works either way.














 We also get a tiny yellow "light" for the tree topper. It's not a star, but it doesn't have to be. There are a lot of different things used to top trees, as we saw with the bow for the Monster High tree, so a little yellow brick works just fine!














And to top everything off, the tree is big enough to fit the presents underneath! Now, isn't this just the most festive sight you've seen this month? ...Of course it isn't, because you're not a social shut-in like me and you actually went to see REAL trees decorated with REAL lights this year! ...Right?

While I can't say this is my favorite model out of the calendar, it's the one that does the most things right, and the most festive out of this relatively seasonless calendar! It's the perfect brick to make a tree with, it actually LOOKS like a festive tree, and it even makes the terrible present designs look good with how well they stack next to the tree. And the best part is that we still haven't gotten all our presents! I'm actually excited to open up the next few flaps and see what else we get to put under the tree! ...You hear me, calendar? I'm giving you another chance. DON'T screw it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment