Monday, December 3, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 2

Day 2: Drum and Drumsticks














 ...Well, it didn't take long to get to the stuff without imagination for this calendar... Today brings us this yellow-and-orange drum, with some large drumsticks to beat it mercilessly with! ...And I apologize for the quality. Everything's so small, I need to take a picture with the Macro lens in order for anything to show up on camera!














I would not know this was a drum if it wasn't shown as such on the box! It's such a generic design, you could use it for anything! A chair, a stool, a pedestal, an earplug, pizza-flavored cake, the sky's the limit with a prop made out of two pieces!














I guess the drumsticks are slightly more recognizable, but I still wouldn't put two-and-two together if they weren't shown as what they're supposed to be. For all know, these are marshmallows skewered on sticks to roast over the open fire! ...Actually, that sounds pretty good. Remind me to do that when we reach the window with the fire!














Still, despite my complaints, once the Minion comes in, I can picture that this is a drum and drumsticks. Especially since, thanks to the Minion's build, he can actually be posed to bang on the drums! That's a little harder with the standard Lego minifigure, so I appreciate Mega Construx's imagination with their figure builds! ...Even if I like the traditional minifigure a bit more...

Overall, while it's not the most imaginative of props, I can't get that mad at it. It's a drum and drumsticks made with traditional pieces. It's exactly what I'd build if I needed a drum set in a flash. I would have appreciated it if they applied some paint and decal work(leathery texture, lines along the sides, etc.) to make it look more like a drum, but, for what it is, it does its job. ...As long as you know what you're looking at. ...Still, this is a weak start to the props in this calendar! Let's hope tomorrow gives us something 28% cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment