Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 11

Day 11: Train














Today's door presents the present of a toy train! ...And once again, we've gone from one of the worst models in the calendar to one of the BEST separated by just one day! ...They plan these things, don't they?














I'm genuinely impressed with how they built this toy. Normally, they take some box-shaped bricks, make a layer with them, and stick a cone on the top and a grill on the front. In this case, they've taken a cylinder, stuck it on one of the box-shaped bricks with a peg on the front, then stuck a single-studded brick with a stick onto that, and topped it off with an upside-down cone brick and a single stud grill! I've never seen a microset built like this, and I'm amazed at how good it looks while keeping the design simplistic!














They even included wheels! ...They don't turn, obviously, but they're here! ...If there's anything we've learned on this blog, it's the need to appreciate the little things, because most developers we've seen here don't even give us the bare minimum...














I also like the coloring. ...If you haven't noticed, I have a bit of a thing for shades of blue...














Also, turn the top around, flip the cone upside-down, and POOF! Instant goat! ...Goat with a snout like an aardvark and wheels for legs. ...But I still see a goat!

So FINALLY, we get a model that I genuinely like, that ISN'T an instrument! I think this calendar's finally on the right track in bringing us quality sets, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! ...I'm going to regret saying that...

No comments:

Post a Comment