Monday, December 10, 2018

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2018: Mega Construx Despicable Me 3: Day 9

Day 9: Biplane














...You know how the previous day, I said I was happy they weren't reusing designs from their other calendar? Well, that's what today's is, as we're given ANOTHER biplane! ...But this one is ORANGE!














Ok, I'm being a little harsh on today's model. It's not exactly like the previous calendar's microset. In fact, in some ways, it's better! The green biplane I got in the previous calendar didn't have wheels and had pieces that didn't seem to serve a purpose. ...Though it did have a light on it, so it had that going for it over the orange plane.














Still, once again, we're given a model that just barely resembles what it's supposed to! It's a plank sitting perpendicular on another plank with an "X" piece for the propeller and a sloped brick for the tail. I could build a hundred of these in 20 minutes with the buckets of assorted pieces I have sitting right next to me! ...Though I do like the wheels. That was something I said I missed from the last model.

...I don't have anything else to add, so I'll just say what I said last time. Overall, it's ok. It's generic and doesn't stand out too much, but that's its point and I wasn't expecting much else from this calendar. Just another toy for the Minions to play with. ...And hopefully blow themselves up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment