Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2017: Mega Bloks Monster High: Day 11

Day 11: More Presents













...Presents... ...Again... ...Almost the exact same designs as the last batch as well...


























Seriously, it's the EXACT SAME design as the previous two, just recolored. ...And not with very appealing colors in this case. We have purple-and-pink and light-blue-and-gold. ...Maybe it's my personal preference, but these colors just come across as ugly to me...













There ARE some differences, so  I'll tackle them quickly. First, we have the longer present, and, given its color scheme, what I think is the uglier of the two...













Instead of the Monster High logo, they opt for a less cute spider decal with a heart.

Image from the Iowa State University Department of Entomology



















 Which, believe it or not, does actually exist! ...And now I'm just wishing they included a picture of THIS on the present instead of what they went with.













And instead of the bow, this one has a large blue bone on the top. ...I really don't know if they were going for something terrifyingly cutesy like the Monster High logo, or if this is a present meant for one of their pets.


















There IS a dog(sort of) in the Monster High universe: Watzit, Frankie Stein's reanimated dog-esque chimera. And, seeing as how Frankie IS a part of this calendar, I can believe this is her present to her dog. ...Her present to her DOG is probably worth more than all the gifts I bought everyone for Christmas combined...













The other is the more symmetrical pink-and-purple present. ...And while not as ugly as the first, I'm one who's always thought pink and purple clash. ...Not that I wear those colors anyway...













This one sees the return of the Monster High logo mold from Day 5's recliner, just purple with some glitter flecks. And while I'm not thrilled that they repeated a mold, it IS an improvement to have this instead of whatever they had passing as a bow on the last one. Besides, it's still cute.













And there's the return of the presents. Pretty much what I thought of the last couple, but this time, the smaller one is more appealing than the larger. ...They forgot to include the present-holding accessory with this lot, though... Still, more presents for the Monster High cast to enjoy. I'm just hoping we're not going to get any more repeats with these models. ...I've just set myself up, haven't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment