Friday, December 15, 2017

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2017: Mega Bloks Monster High: Day 14

Day 14: Frankie Stein













And today, we have the third and final figure in the calendar: Frankenstein's daughter* Frankie Stein. ...Yeah, I sort of jumped the gun on the first day, didn't I?

*And this character more than the others just baffles me. If you think about it, Frankenstein(or Frankenstein's Monster if you want to be pedantic) was built out of regular human organs and appendages, so whether he procreated with a regular human or another reanimated corpse, the result should have resulted in a regular human child. In order for Frankie Stein to be the way she is, someone had to build a teenage girl out of already dead teenage girls, then wipe her mind to think she was Frank's daughter. ...That, or Frankie WAS a regular daughter of Frankenstein who was killed, then reanimated after heavy reconstruction. ...Either way is incredibly morbid...













I didn't notice the last coffin-shaped door in the upper-right and I was going off the previous calendar's pattern where they packaged the final figure in the last day. Given what pattern this calendar seems to have, it makes sense now to get all three figures relatively early on to allow for accessories and furniture for each later on, which I didn't quite grasp when I started this calendar. I really should have looked closer at the cutouts...













 So, even though I didn't place this bet at the beginning, I was wrong. I guess I might as well give you what you've all been waiting for. Here's the spoonful of Lego bricks.













Anyway, on a subject that hopefully WON'T give me broken teeth and profusely bleeding gums, Frankie's unsurprisingly the exact same figure model as the last two, just with a different wig and paint job. ...Don't know why I'm pointing that out at this point. Force of habit, I guess.













This time, in keeping with her mishmash appearance, her eye colors are green and blue, with a small stitch under one of her eyes(can reanimated corpses even heal?) And look at that! They actually bothered to remove the pointy teeth for her! ...I'm actually kind of sad they went to the effort of taking a joke away from me...













The hair is basically what you'd expect from a teenage Bride of Frankenstein knockoff: Black-and-white striped hair that's been tied into a bushy ponytail. ...Are there really teenagers who still wear their hair like this, or was Frankie Stein reanimated back in the mid-80s and just never got around to matching the fashion trends of the living?













You'd never seen this fashion crisis from the Bratz version, is all I'm saying...













Frankie unfortunately breaks from the tradition of the last two and wears a striped shirt instead of a holiday theme. ...Unless she's actually wearing a pattern comprised of skis leaning against a wire fence. ...Points for originality?













Frankie's footwear seems to be a mix between Draculaura's and Clawdeen's, as she's wearing ankle-high boots and long stockings. ...Seeing as how she's technically dead, does that mean freezing temperatures would affect her more or less than living tissue?













Her skirt is also the plainest of the three, simply being a regular black skirt instead of Clawdeen's ruffled skirt or Draculaura's multicolored layered skirt. I don't know any thing about this character, but I'm guessing, based on how plain and dated what she's wearing is compared to her friends, that she's not the most fashion conscious of the three?


















Heck, put her in a sequel to My Boyfriend's Back, and she'd probably fit right in!













And that's Frankie Stein and the third and last figure. She's basically what we've come to expect by this point in terms of design and molding, but she does have enough differences to make her stand out(especially that hair...) So now that we have the entire crew, let's see what that frees up the calendar to give us next!

And in case you were waiting for me to display all three figures at once, we still need to unbox her accessories tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment