Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2017: Mega Bloks Monster High: Day 5

Day 5: Recliner Chair

I missed yesterday, so I'll quickly catch up and do two today. Don't worry, it's not going to get as bad as last year got...













But maybe if I had this recliner to sit in yesterday, I wouldn't have been as tired and forgetful! ...You see what I did there? It's called a segue. I'm a genius.













There's really not a lot to say about this piece of furniture. It's a chair for the Monster High characters to recline back in and... Paint each other's toenails, I guess? I'm not sure what the "fashionable" girl toys use these for. ...Heck, I'm not even sure if it's called a recliner. I'm a man. Gimme a chair with a footrest and an armrest wide enough to hold my bag of chips, I'm the happiest guy around.













The reclining angle is accomplished with these "angle bricks", which I've only seen used in Mega Bloks sets. It's like one of their trademark bricks, along with the small poles and connectors. Maybe this design is also incorporated in Lego sets, but I don't recall ever seeing it.













However, it's the other custom brick that really makes this particular model. We've seen the Monster High logo on the skis and presents already, but this time, they actually molded a Monster High logo brick! It's hard not to think this is just adorable, and it's great they give you something to brand other sets with the Monster High logo.













"You're my property now! Go destroy those other heathen building brick sets in the name of Mega Bloks!"













That's all there really is to say about this model. It's designed like a recliner, it works like a recliner, it has a cute what-I'm-assuming-is-a-pillow, it's just fine. Now all the Monster High figures can kick back and relax as they wait for future doors to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment