Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Brick Miser: Advent Calendar 2017: Mega Bloks Monster High: Day 9

Day 9: Clawdeen Wolf













Look at that! I was right about the next door having a figure! I'm sorry to disappoint everyone who genuinely wanted me to eat a spoonful of Lego bricks. I know there are many of you out there...

According to the front of the box, this is Clawdeen Wolf. ...And, like Draculaura, that's exactly how much I know about her, so let's just look at the figure.













 Unsurprisingly, it's the exact same mold for Clawdeen as it as for Draculaura(and what it will be for Frankie when we get to her.) Same legs, same arms and hands, same waist, same head shape, even the same seam at the shoes, just with a different paint job for everything. But these are mass-produced brick figures, so that's to be expected.













Better build quality than Draculaura at least.













Upon closer inspection, it's even the same face paint job, right down to the fangs! Just a different skin and eye color and Clawdeen doesn't have Draculaura's beauty mark. It might just be me, but Clawdeen also looks a bit angrier than Draculaura, which, given what little I know about her, does match her character.













The hairpiece is obviously different, though, being long, flowing brown hair with wolf ears poking out the top. ...So yes, you need to rip off a crucial part of her anatomy to take her hairpiece off. ...You can thank me later for ruining your childhood.













 I don't know if she actually wears her hair over one eye like this, but it's a style I'm a fan of. I've always liked the mystery(or the comedy of constantly trying to blow their hair out of their eyes) of someone having their hair over one eye. It's one reason why I adjusted Yamada Taro's hair like this back when I did the skit on the Emoji figures. Maybe her ears are now messed up, but I don't really care. I'm doing a month-long look at a series I don't care for, so I gotta get what enjoyment I can out of these things.













The skirt is also different from Draculaura's, much more ruffled and folded than hers. ...I don't have a joke, I'm just pointing that out.













Instead of knee-high boots, she wears leg-length striped socks and platform shoes. ...Still probably absolute torment to walk in, but her legs more resemble actual human legs in this case...













And, in keeping with the holiday theme that Draculaura started with her snowflake shirt, Clawdeen's shirt is decked with boughs of holly. ...Or maybe it's actually wolfsbane and her friends are waiting to see how long it takes her to notice? ...Tis the season to be jolly at your friend's obliviousness.













And that's the figure. About as good of a design as Draculaura, but much better build quality. She's cute and they do manage to merge the horror of a werewolf with the festiveness of the holidays. So now there are TWO figures to share the accessories with! ...But, speaking from experience, you NEVER want to give two teenage girls something to share...

Speaking of which, since accessories for Draculaura came in the window following, let's see if Clawdeen is as fortunate. ...I'm not wagering against me eating Lego bricks for this one though...

No comments:

Post a Comment